💡 Research Paper Examples on Acquisition
- Experience Role in Choosing an Acquisition as a Business Decision
Business decisions are usually influenced by changes in the economic environment, specific trends in the industry, and fluctuations in the market.
- Effective Management of Change During Merger and Acquisition
The knowledge of leadership models and the role of culture helps raise the effectiveness of organizational changes and improve the bank`s employees` performance.
- The Global Market of Mergers and Acquisitions
The investigation of the global market of mergers and acquisitions as a new form of corporate finance and restructuring of companies in the attempt to enter new markets.
- Mergers and Acquisitions Analysis
Sustainability may be in form of influencing its viability, structural changes, capacity building of the organization or value addition to the operations of the firm.
- Conglomerate Mergers and Acquisitions: Creating or Destroying Value?
Inspecting the ineffective conglomerate mergers and acquisitions in attempts for evidence on whether this creates or destroys value for acquirers in the US banking industry.
- Mergers and Acquisitions in Business Nowadays
The intention of this paper is to give an account of possible explanations behind the poor performance of mergers and acquisitions.
- Business Acquisition: Advantages and Disadvantages
The paper explains business acquisition and provides the advantages and disadvantages of acquisitions in the modern business environment.
- Lenovo’s Acquisition of IBM: Cross-Cultural Leadership
The study provides the analysis of how the acquisition of IBM by Lenovo had created the impact and the socio-cultural effects on the company and its HR division.
- Mergers & Acquisitions and Organisation Fit
The study examines the extent of success or otherwise of the mergers and acquisitions and their impact on the process of value creation for shareholders.
- Acquisition Strategy and Its Effectiveness Today
Because of acquisitions’ efficacy, a range of companies uses the acquisition strategy nowadays. It is the key method of making a company competitive enough.
- Vision, Mission, and Change: Microsoft’s Acquisition of CloudKnox Security
Microsoft's recent acquisition of CloudKnox Security may serve as an example of a reasonably successful change, but the company's vision is not particularly crucial for it.
- Defense Acquisition University's Evaluation Program
The evaluation program presents an integral part of the DAU operation. It implemented a four-level model for the analysis of the learning products and services.
- Sociocultural Integration in Mergers and Acquisitions
The current article review addressed several unsolved questions that relate to the most underresearched section of M&As.
- HRM Roles & Contributions in Mergers & Acquisitions
The literature review represents an analysis that has been collected to ascertain the importance of involving human resource managers in the process of mergers and acquisition.
- Mergers and Acquisitions with Chinese Related Entities
This study sought to evaluate the factors that affect the stock performance of listed companies after mergers or acquisitions with Chinese-related entities.
- Human Resource Management in Mergers and Acquisitions
This essay examines three articles on M&A and highlights the role of HRM involvement and the reduction of force as the key success factors of the strategy.
- Departments’ Attitudes Toward the Company’s Acquisition
According to the data, we can conclude that the acquisition of ABC Company is likely to be a bad deal for the subsidiary.
- Contracting and Acquisition Management Skills
This paper describes three good governance concepts, which are contracting management, logistics, and reverse logistics.
- Mergers and Acquisitions: Definitions, Types, and Differences
The merger involves joining two firms of equal size to establish a new single company, while acquisition occurs when a more prominent organization absorbs the smaller company.
- Merck and Medco Companies Acquisitions and Mergers
One of the strategies to increase competitive advantage in the marketing environment is mergers and acquisitions. This work discusses the motive of Merck and Medco about M&A.
- Acquisition, Merging, and Downsizing in Business Strategies
This paper aims to analyze the difference between an acquisition, merger, and downsizing and discuss when a company should select one over the other.
- Plans to Expand Operation: Acquisition Options of Seven Aircrafts
This paper elucidates the various acquisition options and recommends the best choice for expanding the company's operation by adding seven aircraft.
- Financial Policy: Evaluating an Acquisition or a New Project
Acquisition refers to the act of contracting or taking possession of something. Firms that have an acquisition contract agree on the terms and conditions.
- Applied Research Methods – Mergers & Acquisitions
Mergers and acquisitions are corporate strategies that drive business expansion both domestically and abroad. The main issue will be rates and synergies.
- Proxy Fight: Microsoft's Acquisition of Yahoo
In 2008, Microsoft offered to acquire Yahoo at $31 per share. The acquisition was to be settled through the transfer of all shares including outstanding.
- Contract Managers’ Code of Ethics in Acquisition
In this paper, the discussion will be about defining, explaining and defending the importance of the code of ethics in contract managers.
- McDonald's Company Acquisitions and Mergers
Acquisitions and mergers usually assist companies in increasing their incomes and business prospects in other sites around the globe. The experience of McDonald's Company was exclusive.
- Contracting and the Federal Acquisition Regulation
The Federal Acquisition Regulation is a complex collection of regulations that governs the federal administration and executive branch departments' purchasing processes.
- Mergers and Acquisitions: Wal-Mart and Morrisons
This assignment evaluates how Wal-Mart will merge or acquire Morrison’s as expanding its operations to the UK, Europe, Far East, and the Gulf States.
- Takeover, Merger and Acquisition Pros and Cons
By looking at various merger results it is apparent that mergers and acquisitions do not optimistically impact short-term productivity.
👍 Good Acquisition Essay Samples for College
- Baker Hughes and Halliburton Companies: Mergers and Acquisition
This paper explores strategies used to merge Baker Hughes with Halliburton. It also evaluates potential mergers and acquisition that can increase shareholders value.
- Mergers and Acquisitions: Cisco Acquires LinkedIn
The present paper analyses the potential acquisition, in terms of strategy, integration, and implementation, evaluating the overall success of such business dealings.
- Acquisition Strategies & Failures: Royal Numico Company
The Royal Numico case study can be used as a process of learning because the company makes mistakes that it failed to predict.
- Apple and SevenSeas Music Companies Acquisitions and Strategies
This essay evaluates Apple's and SevenSeas Music's mergers and acquisitions, as well as business and corporate-level international strategies.
- Purchase or Lease Decision: Concrete Mixer Acquisition
This study uses the Net Present Value to decide on the options of hiring or buying a mechanize concrete mixer for the hypothetical Concrete Masters Company, in New York.
- History of FAR – Federal Acquisition Regulation
The FAR consists of standards and guidelines in the Federal Acquisition Regulation System. This set of rules was issued by the bureaus of the Federal government of the US.
- Merger & Acquisition for American Entrepreneurship
Merging and acquisition of firms in a country may affect the economy of the country. The USA should put conditions to control the merging and acquisition of firms.
- Mergers & Acquisitions in the Telecommunication Industry
The paper entails an analysis of the telecommunication industry with regard to cross-border merger and acquisition.
- Concepts of Mergers and Acquisitions
Several new terminologies associated with global business have been seen to crop up. Mergers and acquisitions are such new terms that have gained much dominance in the last years.
- Mergers and Acquisitions: Delta Air Lines and Great Lakes Airlines
This paper discusses Delta Air Lines and Great Lakes Airlines to examine the work of these organizations and offer strategies that help them improve their performance.
- Employee Involvement in DaVita's Acquisition of Gambro
The case of Gambro being acquired by DaVita exemplifies the situation where employee involvement can drastically improve organizational results and success.
- BP in Russia: Mergers and Acquisitions Considerations
This paper discusses necessary components of a successful alliance, what are the possible causes of alliance failures in relation to BP.
- Why Do Acquisitions Sometimes Fail?
When a firm proposes to buy the shares of another similar firm, it is called acquisition. The business acquisition has its challenges that hamper the success of the business deal.
- Efficient Business Acquisition
The book gives a guide on how to buy effectively and procedurally a business. It is obligatory to classify the type of buyer one is, and learn the fundamentals in obtaining businesses.
- Mergers and Acquisitions
A tender offer is a structured purchase of the target’s shares in which the acquirer announces a public offer to buy a minimum number of shares at a specific price.
- Amazon’s Acquisition of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer
The paper discusses the purchase of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer by Amazon. The deal is the second-largest purchase after the Whole Foods acquisition.
- Retention of Customer Is Better Than Acquisition
Aim of the paper is to explore and scrutinize the marketing strategy adopted by the firms focusing on relationship marketing and the significance of endeavors to retain current customers rather than acquiring new ones.
- Financial Mergers and Acquisitions: Methods and Strategies
Mergers and acquisitions are the most common expansion strategies due to an extended variety of advantages such as increasing competitive edge.
- International Business Law: Mergers and Acquisitions
This paper has analyzed the trend in antitrust laws internationally as far as they pertain to mergers and acquisitions.
- The Role of Mergers and Acquisitions for the Financial Performance of Banco Santander
This study examines the impact of mergers and acquisitions on the performance of Santander Group of banks between 2002 and 2010.
- Whats Acquisition Refers in Firms or Mergers Fail
This paper discusses the major reasons that motivate companies to undertaking acquisitions and mergers, and why the M&A deals tends to fail more often.
- Managerial Economics: Mergers and Acquisitions
This paper discusses the questions of mergers in the banking industry and other issues related to managerial economics by using Samuelson and Marks book.
- Role of Mergers and Acquisitions in Achieving a Corporate Strategy – InBev
This is a company that resulted from the merger between AmBev and Interbrew in 2004. Interbrew was ranked third largest in the entire world in terms of profit margins.
- Acquisitions: Microsoft Corporation Case
Microsoft announced that it was buying Activision Blizzard Inc for 68.7 billion USD, the biggest deal in its history.
- International Merger and Acquisition
The success or failure of any merger depends on human resource management of the merging companies.HRM have significant impacts on international mergers.
- Using Data Acquisition to Show Out Results on a PC
Basically, technology is the practical implementation of scientific methods and techniques in order to gain any industrial or commercial benefit and purpose.
- SABIC Acquisition of GE Plastic
Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC) is a chemical manufacturing company located in Riyadh. It is one of the top manufacturing companies in Saudi Arabia.
- Coca-Cola’s Acquisition of Chinese Juice Company
For Coca-Cola Company to reap from investing in a juice company in China, its management had to be well versed with some of the social trends present in the Chinese market.
- Federal Acquisition Regulation and Contract Provisions
The post of a contracting officer is attended by the necessity of carefully handling contracts by examining the conditions and statements specified in the project contract.
- The Talent Acquisition and Employee Retention Plan
The paper introduces effective recruitment strategies, describes a selection process of the best candidates for the positions of customer service representatives.
🎓 Simple Research Papers about Acquisition
- Wine Industry: Problems With Mergers and Acquisition
The paper addresses the problems of compatibility following a merger and price determination for their goods: Southcorp and Rosemount.
- Lenovo’s Acquisition of IBM
The given paper is going to demonstrate that the deal occurred but Lenovo also challenges after the acquisition and problems coming from China.
- Methods of Financial and Operational Leverage Considered in Acquisitions
The paper aims to critically explore viable financial options for General Electric Company to acquire another company, SABIC Corporation.
- Mergers and Acquisitions Distinction, Pros & Cons
Mergers and acquisitions make a big part of corporate finance where they are classified as the main forms of corporate restructuring. They bring separate companies together.
- Mergers & Acquisitions: Mexichem and Dutch Peer
This essay explains the consequences and circumstances surrounding mergers and acquisitions using the Mexichem and Dutch Peer case study.
- Increasing Company Value by Using Modern Acquisition Strategies
A company can increase its value by using modern acquisition strategies to ensure it maintains a competitive edge over its competitors at all times.
- The Walt Disney Company's Acquisition of Pixar
The Walt Disney Company has been able to grow after its merger with Pixar. The growth occurred in terms of internationalization strategies and financial performance.
- Mergers and Acquisitions: Reasons and Consequences
This paper focuses on the reasons why investors are getting involved in mergers and acquisitions, and the consequences of the same actions.
- Framework for Federal Acquisitions
This paper describes how the federal government governs general policy, individual statutes, and regulations in a system of procurement rules.
- Human Capital and Knowledge Acquisition
The paper finds out how human capital influences the changing role of training from skill and knowledge acquisition to its direct implementation in the future.
- Federal Acquisition Regulation Competition Requirements
The purpose of this paper is to analyze the checklists that should be considered when acquiring a new tax processing software system at the Internal Revenue Service.
- Kraft's Acquisition of Cadbury
This report presents an analysis of Kraft’s acquisition of Cadbury and the ways it has influenced an ongoing process.
- Mergers and Acquisitions Laws in the UAE
In the UAE, the main laws that regulate the formation of mergers and acquisitions are the Competition Law of 2012 and the Commercial Companies Law of 1984.
- Mergers and Acquisitions: Success and Failure
Mergers and acquisitions can be an excellent opportunity for companies to grow and enrich their business potential.
- Lenovo's Acquisition of IBM's Personal Computer Division
The major objectives of the study are to analyse the marketing strategy and marketing plan of Lenovo's acquisition of IBM's PC Division, using SWOT, PEST Analysis.
- Human Resources After Merger and Acquisition
Merger and acquisition is a business activity on the same level as divestments, joint ventures, spin-ins and spin-outs, and strategic partnerships.
- Acquisition Proposal for Volkswagen Group
The present report aims at providing a proposal for Volkswagen Group in terms of a strategic acquisition in the automotive industry.
- Mergers and Acquisitions: Cultural Concerns
Mergers and acquisitions have become very popular in the current business environment as firms seek to expand their operations.
- Corporate Mergers and Acquisitions
This research paper will focus on exploring how corporate mergers and acquisitions affect a company’s financial well-being and the effectiveness of the employee’s performance.
- Definition of Organizational Culture and Post-Acquisition Changes in Management
Organizational culture denotes values, principles, and convictions that people in a given company share. It determines the level of an organization’s success.
- Global Staffing Strategies in Acquisition Cases
This report explores the functions of human resource management and the changing roles of HRM to deal with the acquisition and other changes in a company's overall strategy.
- The Acquisition of Kustomer by Facebook
For this paper, the focus is on the acquisition of Kustomer by Facebook, which aimed at expanding its customer service tools.
- Microsoft’s Acquisition of Bethesda
The article selected for the analysis revolves around Microsoft and its acquisition of video game publisher Bethesda.
- Vipshop Holdings Limited: Merger and Acquisition
Vipshop Holdings Limited is a Chinese online retailing company specialized in selling popular brands’ clothes, goods, and apparel.
- Acquisition of Tedeschi Food Shops by 7-Eleven
This document will review the background, reasons and results, and acquisition process of Tedeschi Food Shops Inc. the largest retail chain of convenience stores 7-Eleven Inc.
- Starbucks: Merger and Acquisition Financing
Companies such as Starbucks may use the strategy to merge or acquire larger corporations than them, such as Nestle.
- Federal Acquisition Process in the United States
This paper will discuss the acquisition procedures while summarizing a related article on the GovPurchase website.
- Procter & Gamble's Acquisition of Gillette
P&G (Procter & Gamble) and its subsidiaries offers branded consumer products and it consumer products are sold currently in more than 180 countries.
- Printcomm Firm's Acquisition Proposal for Digitech
Printcomm is a communication firm that provides back-to-back printing service by merging production capabilities to generate finished copies and dispense the printed materials.
- Apple Incorporation’s Acquisition of VeriFone
The acquisition of VeriFone could be beneficial for Apple because the two companies operate the way that certain actions of Apple influence the retailers’ reliance on VeriFone.
✍️ Best Acquisition Essay Examples to Write about
- Callaway Golf Company's Acquisition of Topgolf
Topgolf is a high-growth platform with favorable unit economics across its companies. It will benefit from Callaway's solid financial position.
- Disney Company Potential Acquisition of Pixar Inc
Disney is a worldwide entertainment company. The CEO of Walt Disney Company, Robert Iger, has expressed interest in acquiring Pixar Inc.
- Mergers & Acquisitions and Impact on Stakeholders
This essay will discuss the quality of mergers and acquisitions and the social and economic impact on various stakeholders to evaluate the current state of M&A development.
- Merger and Acquisition: Analysis of the Strategic Planning Process
The acquisition is usually financially complex and has to be undertaken with proper planning. That is why it requires a strategic planning process.
- Roles of HR Management in a Merger, Acquisition
The essay paper describes the role of HR management as a strategic partner in a merger/acquisition of a health care facility in terms of recruitment and retention, training.
- Pivotal Group and Sterling Chemicals, Inc.: Acquisition Strategy
Two companies, Pivotal Group and Sterling Chemicals Inc., have resorted to using acquisition as the first strategy to increase market presence as well as widen brand name.
- Mergers & Acquisition: Role in the Business Environment
Mergers and acquisitions have become very common in nowadays. Mergers and acquisitions, usually referred to as M&A, are aspects of management, corporate finance and strategy.
- Business Mergers and Acquisitions and Their Causes
Mergers and acquisitions are often viewed as the source of essential support and the means of expanding power, which is why they have been particularly popular recently.
- Embry Investment Group Acquisition of Apple, Inc.
The aim of this report is to analyze the viability of an acquisition of Apple Inc. by Embry Investment Group. The report concluded that the acquisition should proceed due to the following reasons.
- Acquisitions and Mergers Processes
This study brings about a clear distinction between mergers and acquisitions and provides a detailed examination of these processes.
- Oracle-Sun Merger: Mergers and Acquisitions
Mergers and acquisitions usually characterize business expansions and strategies aimed at managing overhead costs as well as increasing the range of benefits accrued.
- Merger & Acquisition: Business Strategy
Considering the increasing necessity for business intelligence, the acquisition will help Microstrategy Inc. venture into new markets.
- US Companies' Mergers and Acquisitions
Corporate mergers are remarkably influenced by stakeholders during mergers and acquisitions. The paper evaluated the US companies in terms of effects of mergers and acquisitions.
- Discussion of the Sanofi’s Acquisition of Kadmon
In September 2021, Sanofi announced that it would acquire Kadmon, an American pharmaceutical company, for $1.9 billion, which is expected to be a successful venture for Sanofi.
- Acquisitions Business: The Principle of Acquisition Management
This paper discusses what acquisitions management, its characteristics, and its principle are. Ethical issues with acquisitions management and their organizational effects.