💡 Research Paper Examples on African American
- African American Males Excelling in Higher-Level Courses
Several American professionals and facilitators are concerned about the poor performances registered by most African American males (within schools in America).
- African American Teachers in Segregated Schools in U.S.
Many efforts have been made to understand better what knowledge the African American education brings to the students, the teachers, the administrators, and the community.
- The African American Civil Rights Movement History
The Civil Rights Movement refers to the struggle of black Americans for social justice and equal rights under the laws of the USA, which took place mainly in the 1950s and 1960s.
- Motivation and Retention of African American Children
Assessing African American students’ motivation is an essential step towards defining the key problems that the students in question have in the course of their learning process.
- Jim Crow and Segregation Era's Implications for Modern African American History
While African American community has achieved a lot in terms of social justice since the Jim Crow laws introduction, racial segregation continues to poison today's environment.
- African American Female Principals' Challenges
This review attempts to examine the challenges of African American female principals in the present-day context.
- African American History: Lost and Rewritten
This essay will examine the meaning of lost African American history, racial stereotyping within media, and the social implications.
- Progress in African American History
African Americans are the biggest racial minority group in the United States, and their story has been quite tumultuous.
- The Lack of African American Participation in Clinical Trial in the US
The level of the African American minority’s participation in the clinical trials remains rather low, which sets the task to investigate the reasons for low participation level.
- The Historical Progression of African Americans
The historical progression of African Americans, as covered in the course, is meticulous and the beauty of the reading is that the writers weave all the elements together.
- Participation of African Americans in Clinical Trials
This study seeks to identify the root cause of the low participation of African Americans in clinical trials by identifying the most important causes.
- Retention Rate for African American Females: A Research Proposal
Acquiring knowledge and skills that will help one advance their career, as the mere fact of having a degree, often happens to be the essential factor in professional evolution.
- The Influence of the Hip Hop Culture on African American Youth.
Hip hop culture influences not only positively on the given group of young people, but also negatively, as some young people are not able to draw up adequate conclusions.
- African American Males Exceeding Beyond the Norm
This study will contribute to clarify the issue of lower enrollments of African American males into advanced placement courses.
- Heritage and Culture in African American Literature
This paper analyzes the challenges and the multi-disciplinary approaches for development of the cultural studies of African American heritage in literature.
- African Americans Civil Rights
The paper outlines the roles of the federal government and Supreme Court in enhancing the civil rights of African Americans during the 1870s.
- How Skin Complexion Affects African Americans
In America, skin complexion affects the relationship between people of different races where the most vulnerable race is African Americans since their color is not appealing.
- Retention Rates among African American Children
Motivation is an essential part of a student’s evolution as a learner, both in terms of their academic life and in a more general sense.
- Descriptive Study of African American CareGivers for Dementia Family Members
The purpose of this descriptive study is to take an in-depth look at married African American caregivers for their spouses with dementia.
- Racial Discrimination of African Americans During Jim Crow’s Era
In the twentieth century, African Americans have been experiencing social pressure and actions have been done to reduce racism, but not all became beneficial to black people.
- African Americans and the American Revolution
The American Revolution had a significant impact on the institution of slavery. The African Americans participated solely to gain their freedom.
- African American Women Obtaining Higher Education
Even in the XXI century, major education issues have not yet been resolved, the problem of education for African American women being one of the major concerns.
- How Slavery Has Shaped the Lives of African Americans?
This paper shall aim out to discuss Slavery in American prior to the civil war. The social, political, economic, and cultural effects that this institute had on African Americans shall be discussed.
- Mental Health: A Forum for African American Churches
The paper argues the high level of confidence in churches in the black communities can be used as a foundation for the establishment for detecting and treating mental illnesses.
- How to Stop African American Males Dropping Out of High School
The school institutions should adapt to better response to the needs of learners that would help keep the African Americans in school.
- African Americans Excelling in Higher Learning
This paper provides an analysis of the reasons why African Americans excel in higher education compared to their counterparts.
- Civil Rights of African American
The story of the rights of African Americans fight for their rights is a long and painful one that predates this era. African Americans have been subjected to all forms of cruelty.
- Radical Republicans and African Americans During Reconstruction
During the Reconstruction, the Radical Republicans and the African-American Rights Movement were more successful than defeated.
- African Americans’ Rights
This paper tells that the rights granted to African Americans during the Reconstruction period allowed many black people to participate in the social and political life of the country.
- African Americans' Participation in Clinical Trials
The paper concerns the problems of recruitment into clinical trials among urban African Americans. Their lack of participation poses a challenge to useful research.
👍 Good African American Essay Samples for College
- The African American Literature
The African American literature centered on the better living conditions and the struggle to achieve high social status measured by the level of living standards.
- African American Women of 40–50 Obtaining Higher Education
The representatives of African American communities especially women in their forties and fifties, seem to have been having issues with obtaining a degree.
- Mathematics Performance Among African Americans in Los Angeles
This essay will act as an advocacy piece for African American students who have registered varying performances in mathematics within the Los Angeles School Department.
- African American Studies Analysis
Origins of Black Capitalism can be observed in the lives of "Free Negroes" throughout periods of the American Enslavement.
- How Slavery Has Affected the Lives and Families of the African Americans?
This paper will focus on how slavery in the earlier years has affected the lives and families of the African Americans in the year 2009.
- The Series of Injustices Spanned the History of African Americans
A series of failures for Americans began with the emergence of slavery in the USA. The transatlantic slave trade started due to the expansion of Europe's colonies worldwide.
- African American Women: The Higher Education Barriers
African American women currently experience multiple problems and face substantial challenges and higher education barriers of different origins.
- African American Art During the Harlem Renaissance
The Harlem Renaissance is one of the most significant cultural revivals of the black community, which took place in New York, Harlem, from 1920 to 1930.
- African American People in the History of the USA
This essay is planned to discuss the role of black people in the formation of American literature. It will be based on a review of the available key literary works.
- Representation of African American Women in Federal Government
Black feminist theory underlines how society still identifies Black women's capabilities to be influential senior leaders with the present racial and gender barriers.
- Historical Progression of African Americans
The paper describes the historical development of African Americans as a people forced to fight for liberation from the oppression to which they are subjected by white people.
- Capital Punishment and African Americans
African Americans are more likely to be convicted to death and subsequently executed but it does not actually show that the judicial system is set against them.
- African American and Haitian Heritage and Healthcare
Non-traditional health convictions and practices are strappingly entrenched in Haitian Americans. Nurses should identify therapies and management.
- Major Shifts in African Americans’ Issue
Different political and social groups translate contradicting views on the problem, as seen in the actions of Obama's and Trump's administrations.
- Achievement Gap Among African American Students
Today, an achievement gap persists since African American students consider themselves failures and become deviant due to insufficient school resources.
- African Americans' Impact in the Civil War
The basic foundation of African American involvement in the American civil war had begun 100 years prior to the civil war.
- Black Codes, Jim Crow, and Segregation Impact on African Americans in the US
This paper shall set out to discuss slavery in American after the civil war. The social, political, economic, and cultural effect will be discussed.
- Challenges of African American in Obtaining Education
The purpose of this study is to determine and discuss the barriers and challenges that African American women can face when obtaining higher education.
- Lack of African American Women in Federal Government Positions
Despite the fact that African-American women are a serious political force, they are underrepresented in politics.
- Discrimination in the 21st Century for African Americans and Minorities
USA as a country has made great steps in addressing the disparity and inequality among the various groups since the period of Civil Rights movements.
- Curriculum Change for African American Students Based on Curriculum Theory
A curriculum change should be guided to help African American students develop their cultural identity because it is a crucial determinant of the students’ academic performance.
- Multicultural Education at a High-Performing African American School
The major topic of the article by D. Dixson is the influence of the curriculum on the achievement of African American students.
- The American South in African American Authors’ Works
Due to the history of racism during the times of slavery and racial discrimination, the South represents a rather controversial location for most African American writers.
- Leadership in the African American Freedom Struggle
The journey towards African American's freedom was characterized by major setbacks on the part of the black Americans.
- Frederick Douglass: The Positions of African Americans
Being one of the most well-known Black people in the United States, Frederick Douglass used his influence to improve the positions of African Americans.
- Disparities of Lower Hospice Use in African Americans
The objective of the present systematic review is to synthesize the evidence of barriers to hospice care utilization that African Americans are experiencing.
- The African American Nurse: Discrimination Case From the Elderly Patients
Elderly patients who have discriminatory tendencies simply do not respect or trust doctors or nurses who are from a minority.
- The Journey of African American Rights Movements
Achievement of equal rights for the African-American citizens was a long journey which had numerous challenges including the killings, jail sentences, beatings among others.
- African American Desire for Male Headed Families
The paper examines the intentions of African American couples to create unions according to the patriarchal nuclear model and the associated stressors.
- The Black Church in the African American Experience
This essay has considered the African American religious experience because of the rich history it possesses in the black struggle for equal rights.
🎓 Simple Research Papers about African American
- Clinical Trials by Urban African Americans
A number of limitations of clinical trials are due to poor representation of racial/ethnic minorities, compared to the findings from predominantly white populations.
- Pregnancy-Related Complications in African American Women
The research paper aims at identifying the pregnancy-related complications that were affecting Black women based on Patricia Hill Collins' critical race theory.
- Health Status of African Americans
Ethnic minority groups represented in the United States may experience various inequalities due to structural racism.
- African American Health Challenges
History knows situations when minority patients were involuntarily involved in experiments, such as Tuskegee, where black men with latent syphilis served as the control group.
- African American Literature and Parody
This paper examines how the use of parody is symbolic in the African American literature.
- Africanism in the African American Culture
Modern African Americans have not lost touch with their historical homeland, for example, the cultural heritage determines what and how the black population traditionally eats.
- Social Support Among African American Women With HIV
The study investigates the level of treatment compliance and social support among African women with HIV. HIV infection is highest among black.
- African American Cultural Group's Healthcare Practices
Representing a different culture and having a range of specific traditions, African Americans also have their concept of nursing.
- Schizophrenia Features Among African American Men
Schizophrenia is a serious mental disorder that may occur at any age. African Americans usually have severe psychotic symptoms regarding the scope and quality of hallucinations.
- History: African American Women' Suffrage
For the African American women, some pressing social issues motivated them to join white suffragists. They believed that the freedom to vote would deliver them from slavery to freedom.
- Status of Women and Free African Americans
The market revolution offered numerous opportunities for African Americans and white women, though it caused the essential division in the already divided community.
- African American History and Its Importance in Modern Days
The paper argues that reading history and literature of race relations in America is necessary since it helps many generations to understand, appreciate and defend their heritage.
- Fundamental Rights Extended to African Americans
The paper analyzes the 14th Amendment which the American Supreme Court interprets as the backbone of the country's civil reforms and citizenship.
- African Americans Civil Rights Gains
This paper discusses how did political divisions among African Americans affect their struggles for civil rights gains during the 1940s.
- African American Homeless People in Miami
This paper includes the assessment of African American homeless people in Miami. Such aspects as risk factors, strengths, barriers, community resources are covered in this paper.
- African Americans in the Revolutionary War
Slavery and its factors such as the lack of basic human and civil rights, severe living conditions resulted in many African Americans joining the Revolutionary War.
- How African Americans Change the Sport?
This paper going to take a trip to the past and explored the barriers and problems that African-Americans had to face in order to be included in American sports.
- Adapting Teaching to Meet the Cultural Needs of the African American Youth
The standard education frameworks, practices, and procedures may, therefore, not prove as effective when applied to this population.
- Jim Crow Laws and African Americans
Jim Crow became a term used to refer to various laws and practices that the whites used to justify racial segregation especially in late 19th century America.
- The Nature and Course of the African American Experience Between 1850 and 1915 was a Historical Change
This essay explains why the experience is best described as a historical change rather than an historical continuity.
- African Americans and ELL Disproportion in Special Education
The paper focuses on the overrepresentation of African Americans and English language learners in special education and analyzes some litigations that emerged from this problem.
- African American Cultural Group's Healthcare Analysis
The African Americans lack confidence in the overall health care system of the U.S. They believe that they will receive less attention as compared to the whites.
- Racism Against African Americans as a Social Construct
The relationship between African Americans and whites in the US demonstrates that racism is perpetuated by individuals through their actions and interactions.
- The African American Community and Current Health Status
The purpose of this essay is to analyze the African American community as an ethnic American minority, and the health situation to explore possible methods of health promotion.
- African American Students in Special Education
The author notes that African American students are more likely to be identified as being mentally retarded, labeled as having learning disabilities.
- Jim Crow Laws for African Americans in the South
After examining the narratives of African Americans who suffered under a segregated society, one can understand the negative consequences of the Jim Crow laws.
- African American Greek Sororities in Colleges
This speech focuses on African American Greek Sororities in modern society, expounding on the history, famous leaders that have been sorority members, and their impact on society.
- African American Population in the United States
Socioeconomics of the African American population demonstrate that Black American middle class has long since established in the United States.
- African Americans Representation in Cinema in the 1960 and 1970
African American representation in films in the 1960s and 1970s evolved as new concepts emerged. The first movies depicted African Americans as violent criminals who looked scary.
- The Civil War and the Status of African Americans
The paper discusses the outcomes of the Civil War that considerably changed the status of African Americans in American society.
✍️ Best African American Essay Examples to Write about
- Stereotypes about African American Women
The stereotypes formed by the mass media create a negative image for Afro-American women and that this image significantly affects the lives of these women.
- African American Stereotypes Still Reinforced in the Media
There have been several theories proposed regarding how race is represented in the media. To understand the concept fully, it is necessary to see how media influences society.
- African American Girl Development
Understanding the developmental processes and psychology associated with child development is crucial in elaborating the needs of children at different stages of life.
- The African American Heritage and Health Beliefs
This paper analyzes the African American heritage, its brief history, African American values, worldview, language and communication, art, and other expressive patterns.
- African American Scientist: Alice Augusta Ball
Alice Ball's new treatment options motivated several other health researchers to invest their limited resources to seek alternative medication to safeguard leprosy patients.
- African Americans' Ambitions: Fences by August Wilson
The play, Fences, gives an appealing case of the way both metaphysical and physical expressions of particular African retentions joint to enhance existing African American culture.
- African Americans and Their Rights
African American people have gone through a number of abuses and discriminations in housing, limitary, education, and other spheres.
- Discrimination Against African Americans in the US
In this paper, the researcher seeks to investigate the prevalence of discrimination against African Americans in the United States and how it can be eliminated.
- How Slavery Has Shaped the Lives of African Americans
Slavery had cultural, political, social as well as economic effects on the lives of Africans. Those effects have consequently shaped the lives of African Americans up-to-date.
- The Gilded Age and Modern Oppression of African Americans
The continuing killings of African Americans by the police show that there is still a problem with the fair treatment of black people in the country.
- African American Women's Education and Barriers
This qualitative research study will examine cultural, economic, spiritual, and social barriers that African American women face in obtaining higher education.
- African American Cultural Background Summary
African-American culture in the United States resulted due to the arrival of Americans who had some African cultural practices.
- African American Political History
The advent of organizations like the Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies is widely perceived as necessary for this advancement of African Americans
- African American Culture and Identity in Visual Arts
During the colonial period, African American art was marginalized, facing a lot of controversies; however, present today, the Africa American culture is popular distinct culture.
- African American Studies. “Their Eyes Were Watching God” by Hurston
In “Their Eyes Were Watching God,” Hurston tells the story of a young lady who is caught between love, materialism, and male chauvinism.
- African Americans Fight for the Rights
The paper discusses aspects of the African Americans' attempts to achieve long-term goals: economic self-sufficiency, consolidation of the community, and political representation.
- History of African Americans in Florida
African Americans are people who are either citizens or residents of the United States of America whose ancestors came from one of the black populations inhabit African continent.
- Stereotypes about African American Women
Contemporary mass media present the society with many stereotypes, which create a negative image for Afro-American women and affect the lives of these women.
- F. Douglass and Struggle for African Americans’ Rights
Frederick Douglass' unique dedication, audacity, and intelligence largely contributed to the movement for African Americans' rights and motivated many people to act.
- Black Expression: African American Music
African American music style can be traced to West Africa, which appears to be the mother land of the African American ancestors.
- Harlem Renaissance and African American Culture
This paper will analyze the events that characterized the Harlem Renaissance as the blacks strived to celebrate full freedom of expression on their own terms.
- African Americans Today
The paper argues that some events put the foundation for social, legislative, and political changes that shaped the position of African Americans in the United States today.
- Addressing the African American Achievement Gap
The achievement gap between African American students is a problem for the US education system. This paper provides an overview of the article to indicate its strengths and weaknesses.
- African Americans: The Legacy of Slavery in the U.S.
Africans are regarded as some of the first founders of a number of towns in New Mexico, Texas, Santa Fe, and California just to mention a few.
- African Americans Issues in the US
Many prefer to be called black because it is more representative of their race than African American. First and second generation immigrants prefer to be called black.
- Low Participation in Clinical Trial by African Americans
Base drug trials on white populations have often proved ineffective for African Americans. Therefore the low participation in clinical trials becomes a high priority subject.
- Poor African Americans' Challenges in Rural Areas
The paper focuses on the challenges poor African American in rural areas face. It goes further to address the risks they encounter and analyze the leading determinants of health.
- African Americans' Historical Progression Since 1865
African Americans have faced many changes in their history in the United States and these challenges have not come to an end though they have significantly reduced.
- The Representation of African Americans in Modern Media
Trickling into traditional and modern media, the prejudices affect the relations between the representatives of African American community and the rest of the U.S. residents.
- African American Expressive Culture
The belonging to the American and African culture at the same time made me more inclinable and amiable towards other cultures.
📝 African American Paper Samples for Your Inspiration
- Struggle of African Americans in America
The history of African-Americans in America makes them aliens in the American continent. History says that the ancestors of African Americans were the slaves, who were enslaved from Africa.
- African American Community in the Health Care Context
The paper conducts a qualitative overview of the health care specifics on the health status of the African American community, covering the socio-economic and health barriers.
- Impact of Race, Gender and Place/Location on the shape and course of the African American experience between 1860 and 1915
Several variables have shaped and influenced the course of the African American. This essay explores three of these variables namely race, class and location.
- Police Brutality against African Americans in America
The situation reveals the problem of racial discrimination and the ineffectiveness of the justice system that is supposed to protect the civil rights of all.
- African Americans in America's Prison Systems
Historically the African Americans residing in U.S. often faced discriminatory treatments and this made them more prone to prosecution over crimes.
- African American Health Issues
The paper presents views about african american healthcare systems and its problems from viewpoints of girl patients.
- Portrayal of African Americans in the Movies
This paper discusses the changing portrayal of African Americans in 1930-1960s films with reference to Negro Soldier, Gone with the Wind, and Double Indemnity.
- Higher Education Role for African American Women
The data analysis on the role of higher education for African American women consists of such steps as the analysis of the secondary data, qualitative data, and the quantitative data.
- Harlem Renaissance: African American Art
Harlem renaissance is an era that witnessed the beginning of African American works of art and liberation. Harlem renaissance change the attitudes and perceptions concerning African Americans.
- Asian Americans and African Americans' Racial Conflicts
In the last three decades, America has recorded a notable increase in the number of racial discrimination cases against African Americans as well as Asian Americans.
- African American Women's Discrimination and Violence
In the recent past, limitations of race and gender have eliminated the possibility of associating domestic torture with that of the public one.
- Trauma Interventions in African American Adolescents
The paper outlines some of the ideas and practices that can help more professionals meet the needs of African American children and adolescents experiencing traumatic situations.
- African Americans in Films
Acquiring equal status in white society gave African Americans a possibility to take part in its social life; this resulted in their self-realizations through literature, music, etc.
- African American Studies. Negro Baseball League
The history of African American baseball has benefited greatly from the recent popular interest in the vibrant Negro Leagues of the 1920s through the 1940s.