💡 Research Paper Examples on Humor
- Humor as a Means to Achieve Positive Results in the Workplace
The paper claims that humor in the workplace improves the efficiency and productivity of project teams, changes human behavior, and creates a high-performance environment.
- Incorporating Humor in the Workplace
When it comes to dealing with clients, humor helps to relax and get rid of excessive stress, which often disrupts proper communication.
- Culture-Based Humor and Stereotypes: A Comedian’s Relationship With the Audience
It is impossible to distinguish the type of comedy that would be interesting for a person without analyzing one's reaction to humor on various topics.
- Postmodernism in Art and Humor as Its Feature
Postmodernist art becomes a reaction to the modernist conventions, and there are many different ways how artists manage to translate it.
- Humor Patterns and Personality Dimensions
The purpose of this research was to find whether there is a correlation between humor patterns and personality dimensions.
- Comedy and Humor in Sir Gawain and the Green Knight
In this paper, the aspects of comedy and humor in "Gawain and the Green Knight" will be discussed to point out the different areas it is used within the story.
- The Racial Humor in America: Jokes With Racial and Ethnic Contents Connotations
Racial humor gained prominence in the 19th century when theater industries started to alter normal trickster jokes by journalists to contents involving racial connotations.
- Humor in Zadie Smith’s Novels
Zadie Smith’s novels describing the challenges of the contemporary multicultural an especially interracial dialogue are a rather refreshing change in the contemporary literature landscape.
- Relation Between Humor and Sex Appeals
the company uses the most effective techniques in an advertisement in order to expand its client base as much as possible.
- Different Tastes of Humor
Humor is something that makes us smile at the beginning of the day and wonder for a time. You’ll be amazed at the end of the day, and then laugh again upon remembering you really had a day.
- Dark Humor in the Cask of Amontillado Essay
What does the humor add to the story the Cask of Amontillado? Find out in this essay about Edgar Allan Poe’s work.
- Laughter and Humor in Therapeutic Application
Humor is one of the vital elements of human communication and interaction. It helps individuals to understand each other better and engage in meaningful forms of collaboration.
- Racial Humor and Stereotypes in “Rush Hour 2”
The article by Park et al. explores the effect racial jokes and stereotypes in the comedy film “Rush Hour 2” are able to make on the audience.
- Comedy and Humor in World Literature
This reflective paper attempts to explicitly explore the use of satire, laughter, comedy, and humor in some books.
- Humor at American and British Film Comedy
In this article, the author compares British and American approaches to the use of humor in the film industry.
- Cancer and Humor in Children: Approach to Research
The paper has discussed the factors that a researcher must consider when planning to investigate the relationship between the sense of humor and hospitalized childhood cancer stressors.
- Effect of Humor in Product Campaign
When using jokes, marketers should know their audience limits and what may interest them, as some adverts can lead to the success of a product while others can result in failure.
- Drew Hayden Taylor's Aboriginal Humor: Just Joking?
Drew Hayden Taylor is a playwright, writer, and filmmaker whose work has a wondrous healing capacity. Using humor, Taylor proportions portrayals of indigenous experiences.
- African-American Humor as a Reflection of Change
The contemporary African-American humor demonstrates that this minority group has been liberated from the past and it has advanced to a state beyond defiance.
- Humor and Its Purposes in Literature
Humor in literature and art can be characterized as a kind of tendency, the desire to evoke a laughing reaction from the audience.
- Humor and Parody in Japanese Literature
Japanese literature is, perhaps, richer in poignant stories than in humorous tales. According to ancient chronicles, even the Sun Goddess paid the high price for exploding in mindless mirth.
- Humor as the Leading Strategy of Stress Relief
The purpose of this paper is to discuss the importance of humor as one of the leading stress management strategies.
- The Concept of Humor in the Healthcare
Contemporary medical care does not limit the positive effect of cure to mere medical treatment, and the humor used is a very important condition for the patients.
- Harpagon – The Achievement of Humor in “The Miser” by Moliere
Harpagon – the main character in “the Miser”. Whatever unfortunate happens to him in the course of the play is a source of humor for the audience.
- Humor With a Multifunctional Nature: Cultures and Traditions in Works of Comedy
The historical background of jokes forces the understanding of the human as one of the methods of conflict resolution.
👍 Good Humor Essay Samples for College
- “Humor and Laughter” by Attardo
Humor as an element of conversations is great and complex. Initially, studies on humor entailed an analysis of the story-telling aspects to the functional features of laughter and humor.
- The Role of Sexuality in Jewish Humor
Among Jewish humor are jokes on sexuality which are related with the condition that is characterized by sex and also concerned with sexual activity in human beings.
- Humor and Health in the Workplace: Communication and Reducing Employee Tension
The topic of this paper is humor in the workplace. The paper includes a funny cartoon about tension in the workplace, a humorous memo, and a funny anecdote about the workplace.
- Humor in Asian Cinema: The Functions of Humor in Japanese Films
The focus of this paper is the consideration of the functions humor fulfills in the two famous Japanese films.
- Humor in the Workplace
This paper aims to discuss the ways in which fun and humor can impact managing people at work. One has to understand in what kind of companies people are more likely to have fun.
- Benefits of Laughter: The Role of Humor Styles and Shared Laughter
Laughing is one of the natural reactions of a human organism to external triggers. Individuals stop talking and even breathe while laughing.
- Ethical Issue of Using Humor in Healthcare
Using humor to reduce stress does not justify making fun of patients, but it is appropriate if the jokes are light and respectful.
- Humor Application in Conflict Management: Facilitating and Regulating Communication
The techniques used in conflict management are diverse, and a considerable body of scientific literature is dedicated to the subject – humor occupies an essential place in it.
- The Strategies of Humor and Australian Art Post 1970
How Gordon Hookey, Fiona Foley and Martin Sharp have been successful in embedding humor into their magnum opus.
- Humor and Technology in Young Frankenstein Film
Throughout the film Young Frankenstein, Mel Brooks continuously attempts to use humor to bring his audience’s focus upon the various major themes inherent in the original story.
- Humor as a Therapeutic Tool at Health and Humor Website Humormatters.com
The purpose of the Humor Matters website is to propagate humor as a therapeutic tool encouraging people to find ways to laugh more.
- Film Noir and Black Humor in “The Missing Gun”
“The Missing Gun” is a movie combining the elements of film noir and black humor. The unattractive main character has selfish motives to find his gun.
- Humor Therapy for Patients with Mental Illness
The paper reviews Scott et al.’s study “The healing power of laughter: The applicability of humor as a psychotherapy technique with depressed and anxious older adults.”
- Humor and Horror in Poe’s “The Cask of the Amontillado”
Poe’s “The Cask of the Amontillado” story is creatively organized with instances of humor and horror that bring out the author's theme of death.
- Psychology: Humor Theory Concept
A good sense of humor is definitely a positive characteristic trait in a human being and people do like to enjoy funny things, no matter how trivial they are.
- Humor Importance in the Workplace
Since the HRM function is charged with the development of motivation in the workplace, humor can be instrumental in the development of a free social environment.
- Humor in Lysistrata and She Stoops to Conquer: Still Funny Today
Aristophanes' classical Greek play Lysistrata and Oliver Goldsmith's 18th century British play She Stoops to Conquer, both contain various types of humor.
- The Rhetoric of Bob Fosse: Eroticism and Humor in a Musical
Bob Fosse was rightly recognized as the biggest figure in musical history because of the creativity in his works and the innovations he made in this art.
- Honesty, Sense of Humor, and Optimism in Personal Development
This paper examines honesty, a sense of humor, and optimism as the most important values, which are indispensable for personal development.
- The Impact of Fun and Humor in the Workplace on Employee Morale and Performance
Although humor is a very important tool in enhancing employee morale and increasing their performance, inappropriate jokes and comments will do just the reverse.
- Ethics and Persuasion of Humor: In Context to the Social Functions of Humor in the Society
Humor is the ability to aggravate laughter as well as offer pleasure. Humor is likely to be efficient when trying to persuade by establishing positive influence.
- Humor and Horror in The Cask of Amontillado by Poe
The humor typical of The Cask of Amontillado may be called pervasive or grotesque, where the author mixes horror and humor to create a comic effect.
- The Effects of Humor and Persuasion
Previous persuasion theories such as magnetic persuasion allow for the source to connect to the receiver by attracting the receiver through communication.