💡 Research Paper Examples on Suffering
- Doris Salcedo: Moral-Political Art and Suffering
To understand the moral and political aspect of Doris Salcedo's art, and how it portrays suffering in society, it will be necessary to have a brief analysis of the artist.
- Physician-Assisted Suicide as Liberation from Suffering
Physician-Assisted Suicide, the death of a patient as a result of being aided to undertake a life-ending act by a physician, is a contentious issue of importance in society.
- The Family Suffering Surrounding Bipolarism
Bipolar disorder is a disorder that is linked to cycling mood changes which move back and forth between mania and depression stages.
- The Suffering Women in Greek Mythology
Greek women have dealt with their lot, not just by enduring their respective hardships in a stoic manner but by doing something about the situation.
- Assisted Suicide: Humanitarian Escape of Suffering
Assisted suicide comes as a relief to both the patient and family members. It provides a compassionate way out of suffering for the sick and their relatives.
- Ways in Which the Hindu and Buddhist Philosophy Criticize the Body as a Source of Suffering Yet Use It as Path to Enlighten
His explanation of Yoga is that it's more “like a staircase” which helps a person to get to the high Raja Yoga
- The Suffering of Joseph
The story of Joseph demonstrates the significance of being a morally upright person despite the challenges that one may face.
- Suffering in The Book of Job and The Old Testament
The Old Testament taught me to accept all the events that the Lord sends because he cares about people's souls, even if, for this purpose, he has to cause pain.
- The Racial Suffering of Indian Americans
The life of Indians living in the United States has never been easy due to racism that remained widespread several years after the country gained independence.
- God and People’s Suffering
This author presents that God does not exist and that is why people suffer. Suffering and benevolence cannot exist.
- Assisted Suicide Or Prolonged Suffering?
This essay examines the central question whether it is alright to allow a terminally ill person to take his or her own life or should the person be denied such a choice.
- Sacrifice, Punishment, and Suffering in Aeschylus’ Prometheus Bound
Described colorfully in Aeschylus’ Prometheus Bound, the character represents a challenge that was bound to end in suffering, in order to alleviate the suffering of humankind.
- The Suffering Servant
The suffering servant in the book of Isaiah chapter 53 refers to the prophet’s song about the future Messiah.
- Salvation, Spreading, and Suffering by B. Tabb
In Tabb's article “Salvation, Spreading, and Suffering: God’s Unfolding Plan in Luke-Acts.”, suffering is defined as the way to achieve salvation and spreading.
- Summary: Introduction and the Suffering of Self
Buddhism was solely spread in Asia, but the current technological and political connectedness of the East and West makes Buddhism a globally impactful religion.
- Pathologies of Power: Suffering in Haiti
This article exposes suffering inflicted deliberately on poor persons by those in power on the example of American government that planted a tyranny in Haiti.
- Euthanasia as a Method Against Human Suffering
The phenomenon of euthanasia and its application in the medical sphere is a vital debate topic addressed by numerous scholars worldwide.
- Euthanasia as a Method Against Human Suffering
This annotated bibliography shortly summarizes the main points and findings of seven academic articles, dedicated to the euthanasia topic.
- End-of-Life Care: Suffering and Comfort Concepts
End-of-life care is designed to provide comprehensive measures to prevent and reduce the patient's suffering in all its forms.
- Food Production and Animals Suffering
Food production is a major industry in the US. This paper discusses the kind of suffering that animals go through as a result of human food production.
- Christian Worldview. How God Allows Suffering
A good, loving, and all-powerful God allows people to suffer, especially Christians so that they can grow to love Christ more and establish their faith in him.
- The Problem of Evil and Suffering
The importance of the Christian approach to evil and suffering is that it gives not only the theoretical justification of it, but it also teaches how to tussle with evil.
- Suffering: Its Meaning and Ministry
The Bible gives different citations of Prophets and Patriarchs who endured pain and suffering, hence a revelation about God suffering together with us is seen.
- Why Humans Suffer and What Can Be Done to Stop Suffering?
Jainism or Jain Dharma is an ancient dharmic religion preaching no harm to any living being. Jainism is based on the continuous self-improvement of the soul to achieve all-power.
- Suffering and Duty in Buddha's and Siderits's Theories
This paper discusses Buddha and Siderits`s assumption about suffering, employing arguments in favor of the duty and the reasons against it, to conclude which reason is stronger.
👍 Good Suffering Essay Samples for College
- How the Poor Suffer by Seth Holmes
The purpose of this paper is to provide a summary of the fourth chapter of the book Fresh Fruit, Broken Bodies. The story shows the harsh reality of modern fieldwork.
- Suffering in the Ancient, Roman and Greek Periods
Ancient people experienced suffering as well as the modern ones. In this regard, suffering has traversed humankind.
- The Problem of Evil and Suffering
Evil and suffering are basic realities in everyday life. Human beings witness suffering within themselves and others, and this serves as proof that evil exists in this world.
- Neoliberalism and Human Suffering
Neoliberalism is associated with the quest by states to organise their affairs using free-market principles as the founding pillars.
- Human Suffering, Psychotherapy and Behavior Change
This paper discusses the causes of human suffering, assumptions about the origins of psychopathology, mechanisms of behavior change, and the choice theory of psychopathology.
- Grief, Loss, and Suffering at end of Life: Masters in Palliative Care
Palliative care is “any kind of care that lessens symptoms, improves the quality of life of an ailing individual together with his/her family, and provides professional support.”
- The Sources and Causes of Suffering in Judaism
Different religions have a distinct way of perceiving the sources and causes of suffering. In Judaism, the view of sorrow is that it is merely a characteristic of physical existence.
- Death and Suffering: War Opposing Viewpoints
War causes destruction to men and materials. It affects the environment. War ultimately ends with the death and suffering. The cause of war is war itself, nothing else.
- Karl Marx and Marx Weber: Suffering in the Society
This paper discusses how Karl Max and Marx Weber have explained the nature and cause of suffering in society. It also discusses Marx Weber regarding the connection between religion and capitalism.
- Langston Hughes’ Poems on Black People’s Suffering
The three poems written by Langston Hughes, namely “Negro Speaking of the Rivers”, “Democracy” and “The Negro Mother” show the depth of black people’s sufferings.
- Gautama Buddha Religion: Thoughts Alleviating Suffering
Buddha’s thoughts have been influenced by different factors so he promotes world peace by practicing Noble Eightfold Path that touches every apect of society life.
- Suffering Example: Job' Biblical Story
This paper will see suffering as the mystery of God that we cannot understand but we can derive benefits and significant lessons of life using the biblical story of Job.
- How Four Noble Truths Teaching Addresses Suffering
The teaching of the Four Noble Truths does not only explain the meaning of suffering and its origin but introduces the ways how one can stop it.
- Jews’ Suffering in “Night” by Elie Wiesel Literature Analysis
This paper studies Elie Wiesel’s book “Night” that talks about Jews’ suffering during the holocaust. It explores struggle of the main character Eliezer to keep his faith in God.
- Dan Korman: God Could Not Allow Suffering
In his book Learning from Arguments: An Introduction to Philosophy, Korman says that God could not allow suffering.
- “On the Suffering of the World” by Arthur Schopenhauer: Review
Arthur Schopenhauer states: “It is good which is negative; in other words, happiness and satisfaction always imply some desire fulfilled, some state of pain brought to an end”.
- How Buddhist Teaching Addresses Suffering
The Buddhist teaching addresses suffering as an inevitable reality of life that has its origin and might be eliminated.
- Abort to Save a Woman or a Baby from Suffering?
Abortion based on disability is immoral since it violates human reproductive rights, encourages death, and discriminates against disabled persons.
- The Concept of Suffering
The origin of human suffering is surrounded with mythical tales, but its reality is as a fact as the rising of the sun.