💡 Research Paper Examples on Texas
- The African-American Struggle for Civil Rights in Texas
The African American rights became concerning social aspects of the mid-20th century, as the African-American communities could no live in the society overwhelmed with racial bias.
- “Lawrence v. Texas”: Case Brief and Analysis
The case analyzes do the homosexual conduct law of Texas that criminalizes sexual intimacy between same-sex couples violates the equal protection guarantee of the 14th Amendment?
- Texas Government and Legislature: Gun Control
There are cries all over Texas on the measure for the control of guns. The measures are quite dependable on the legislators’ decision by which the laws are amended.
- New York and Texas: Diplomatic and Foreign Policies
New York and Texas have different motivations for pursuing diplomacy, although they both rely on the mechanisms provided by the U.S. federal foreign policy.
- Texas Board of Nursing: LVN and RN
The article explains the roles of both licensed vocational nurses (LVNs) and registered nurses (RNs) assigned to them by the Texas Nursing Board.
- The Separation of Powers in Texas
Close cooperation between the government branches is required to improve the lives of Texans. This essay aims to analyze the effect of power separation in the state of Texas.
- Houston Texas School's Counseling Program
The changing education demands have attracted the need to revisit the existing standards of professional practice in counseling at the HISD- Houston Texas School
- Probation in Texas: SWIFT Program
The article adds new knowledge into the probation literature by demonstrating the importance of using short, consistent sanctions.
- Virtual Road Trip Through Texas
The Mineral Wells Baker Hotel – an infamous place that has gathered the attention of many paranormal enthusiasts and horror fans around the United States.
- Texas Government, Interest Groups, and Elections
Political power in Texas is dependent on the resources available to parties and interest groups actively engaged in the political systems.
- Texas Political Events: Transgender Student Athletes Bill
The recently approved House Bill 25 prevents transgender individuals from participating in school sports teams that correspond with their new gender identity.
- Analysis of Texas Foster Care System
Since 2011, the Texas foster care system has been the subject of child rights lawsuits because Texas violated foster children's rights by exposing them to abuse.
- Crime Reduction and Prevention in Houston, Texas
The Police Department of Houston is working vigorously and communally with the public in preventing crime in the city by enforcing the law.
- The Texas Compassionate Use Act and Its Benefits
This paper will look at some of the crucial benefits of the proposed policy of including migraines in the list of disorders covered by the Texas Compassionate Use Act.
- Comparative State Politics of Texas and Maryland
The aim of this paper is to compare and contrast Texas’s political and economic status and those of the State of Maryland.
- Mexican Immigrants in Texas and Their Impacts
Texas is the second-largest state in the United States of America. The following paper focuses on Mexican immigrants in Texas and their impact on Texas culture.
- Comparison of Arizona and Texas
Although Arizona and Texas have differences such as nicknames, different touristic places to visit, economic fact sheets, they also have many things in common.
- History of Texas: Colonization and Slavery
Texas has a rich history characterized by its unintended colonization by the Spaniards and the ultimate widespread African slavery.
- Texas Board of Pardons and Parole: History, Role, Governance
The Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles is a government agency that determines the offenders that are fit for parole or mandatory supervision.
- BP Company's Case in Texas City
BP explosion accident in Texas City resulted to death of 15 workers and injury of 170 people. BP oil was accused of having initiated the deepwater drilling.
- Researching the Hispanic Community in El Paso, Texas
The Hispanic community is an ethnic group residing in El Paso, Texas, on the border with Mexico. The community is dominant in the city as of the approximately 680,000 population
- Crime in Texas: Security Strategies
There is a need to implement serious self-defense and personal security strategies in Texas to protect its citizens and their loved ones from becoming victims of dreaded crimes.
- Legislative Issues in Texas: The Death Penalty
This article discusses the problem of imperfect trials in Texas, which allows a person to be mistakenly executed.
- Plant Safety Issues Relating to “Heat Exchange Rupture and Ammonia Release in Houston, Texas”
Pressure and electrical hazards are regarded as the most dangerous explosive agents. This is evident in the case of ammonia rapture that occurred in Goodyear.
- Texas Political Events: Abortion Ban
Since September 1st, anti-abortion groups and medical professionals in Texas have obtained a legally viable reason to deny the procedure if the fetus’ heartbeat has been detected.
- The University of Texas at Austin's Purpose and Benefits to Society
The University of Texas at Austin has extensive resources that encourage research in various fields to further advance technology in architecture and other curricula.
- Habitat for Humanity Texas Organization's Strategic Plan
To address the challenges that the Habitat for Humanity Texas organization faces, it is important to use change strategy cycle.
- The Death Penalty in Texas
The reputation that Texas has earned over the years among other U.S. states due to its current regulations regarding the use of capital punishment is quite shaky and controversial.
- Texas-Related Current Events
The authors touch on the highly social topic of police defunding and systemic racism, which appeared in public discourse due to the tragic events in Minneapolis.
- Coconuts in Texas: Tensions Between Avowed and Ascribed Identities
The formation of personality occurs under the influence of society. Age, ethnic, and gender identities are elements of a common social identity.
👍 Good Texas Essay Samples for College
- Labor Law in New Mexico, Texas, and Oklahoma
Although the fundamental rights of workers in Texas, Oklahoma, and New Mexico are nearly the same, New Mexico is a more workers-friendly state.
- Hernandez v. Texas: an Analysis
Discrimination based on ethnicity and race is present in various forms in societal and communal life, not excluding jurisdiction.
- Texas Education System and Its Main Problems
Becoming a professional is impossible without proper education. There was a big decrease in USA funding and finding the solution to that problem is one of the main questions.
- Texas Religious Music Promotion Company Business Plan
Texas Religious Music Promotion Company is a non-profit sole proprietorship business that will revolve around planning music events and offering logistic support to private events.
- County Government Structure in Texas
At this moment, there are 254 counties in the state of Texas. These counties do not have the home rule government structure.
- The Benefits of Interest Groups for Texas Politics and Policy
For the political system in Texas, the presence of diverse interest groups is a strengthening of direct and reciprocal connections with civil society.
- Texas Rent Relief as a Government Initiative
Texas rent relief is an initiative from the government to enhance the trickle-down effect of benefits during the economic recovery efforts.
- Criminal Justice in Texas: Todd Willingham and Death Penalty
The case of Cameron Todd Willingham was a controversial criminal justice case handled in Texas. The man was charged with the murder of his three young children by arson.
- Pros and Cons of Regressive Tax Policy in Texas
Taxation has been a subject of heated debate since the foundation of the United States. Texas is one of the nine states that does not have an individual income tax.
- Civil Rights: Same-Sex Marriage in Texas
Using the case of Texas, this paper identifies different cartoons published within the past two years to discuss the predicaments associated with the given civil rights concern.
- Evaluation of the Effectiveness Texas Death Penalty Law
Texas is leading among states practicing capital punishment for a criminal offense. The conflicts surrounding capital punishment are numerous, with many calling for its abolition.
- Texas Government and State Constitution
The amended constitution was seeking to protect the Texas citizens against any further infringement of their rights and freedoms by the government.
- Perspectives of Legalizing Marijuana in Texas
Marijuana has the capability of becoming an important substance in the world today. The government must take the responsibility to legalize it.
- Texas Instruments Inc: Financial Planning and Forecasting
Texas Instruments is based in the United States and it was founded in 1930. It deals with the designing, production, and sale of semiconductors.
- Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills – Modified
An important aspect that should be mentioned in regard of TAKS-M is the requirements set by Texas education board.
- Cancer Patient Survival in Texas
Aside from informing disease prognosis, survival analysis research in cancer patients might support the fight against the disease.
- Presidential and Congressional Reconstruction in Texas: Comparison and Evaluation
The process of Reconstruction was excruciatingly hard for Texas and its citizens, mostly due to the contradictory forces that were pulling the state apart on different levels.
- Mass Prophylaxis Dispensing Plan in Dallas, Texas
The paper develops a mass prophylaxis dispensing plan for Dallas County of Texas. The responsible company will be the Federal Health Services Department in Dallas.
- Texas Lieutenant Governorship Elections
Ideologically arguing, the Democrat party boasted of representing the people of Texas with the best of their interests, unlike the Republican Party.
- Human Trafficking and Sex Slavery in Texas
The average modern person can hardly believe that in the 21st century, people may still be enslaved, and human trafficking exists even in developed countries.
- The Code of Ethics in the Texas Department of Criminal Justice
The Texas Department of Criminal Justice adheres to an elaborate code of conduct and code of ethics. The paper analyzes the standards from various perspectives.
- Peak Oil and Texas’ Energy Future
The concept of peak oil refers to situations regarding the reserves of oil in the world is limited and being gradually being depleted due to excessive use.
- Analysis of a company Texas Roadhouse Inc.
The report analyses Texas Roadhouse Inc. with the aim of defining its strategic management model. Through SWOT analysis, the strengths, weaknesses.
- Sensitizing More People in Texas About HIV-AIDS: Intervention Plan
This paper gives a detailed analysis of an intervention plan aimed at sensitizing more people in Texas about HIV/AIDS.
- Weapon Legalization, Its History and Texas Laws
The question of legalization of weapon is a stumbling block in America. Since the birth of the American nation open carry has been considered as a natural state of things.
- Legal Abortion in Texas Changed Women’s Lives
This paper aims to find the answer to the question of how the right to legal abortion in Texas can change women's lives.
- Analysis of Coronavirus in Texas
In terms of health care for non-Texas residents, government COVID-19 precautionary websites lack information on specific health care support systems available in the region.
- Admiral McRaven’s Speech at the University of Texas
Naval Admiral William H McRaven’s speech centered on the general theme of changing the world, referencing the University’s slogan: “what starts here changes the world”.
- Death Lore: Texas Rituals, Superstitions, and Legends of the Hereafter
Most people do not talk about death because it is perceived as a taboo. In fact, conversations avoid death aspects.
- Texas Political Events: Lyle Larson’s Resignation
The Texas state representative Lyle Larson will not be competing for another term in 2022. The Republican state official represented House District 122 in San Antonio.
🎓 Simple Research Papers about Texas
- Texas Concealed Weapons: Pros and Cons
From the foregoing discussions, we note that the state concealed carry legislation (CCW) has many benefits as well as shortcomings.
- The Program Cougars for Kids in Texas Hospitals
The community under consideration will mainly consist of children staying in hospital of Houston. Methodist Children’s Hospital seeks to meet the needs of children of all ages.
- Texas Roadhouse Making Employees Happy
The employer and other stakeholders are the recipients of the actions of the employees. In the case study of Texas Roadhouse Company, employers do not make meals.
- Overview of the Texas City Disaster, 1947
The Texas City disaster of 1947 was one of the worst tragedies to befall the city and the United States. The tragedy happened due to a fire that started in the cargo section of the ship.
- Waste Management in Acres Homes of Houston, Texas
This proposal suggests ways of cleaning up trash and maintaining hygiene in the dumpsites with an aim of reducing carbon gases emission known to cause various diseases.
- Researching of Board of Nursing in Texas
In order to understand the differences between nursing professional associations and boards, it is vital to review the key features of each entity.
- Branch Davidians and the Waco, Texas Massacre
David Koresh and the Branch Davidians were arguably the victim of the media hype specifically the report written by the Waco Tribune-Herald.
- Texas Anti-Abortion Law
The author of the article Hannah Roe Beck, Texas anti-abortion law forces women to make tough choices, tries to inform the audience of the aftermaths of Texas anti-abortion law.
- Texas Governor’s State of the State Address
The state of the state address continues to be an important part of the government and requires the governor to inform the legislature about the prevailing situation.
- Political Science Reflection: The Texas Government
The political system plays a crucial role in determining citizens’ living standards and national growth. Many democratic nations and states have an electoral process.
- Texas Rangers Agency Review
Texas Rangers is currently the oldest law enforcement agency in North America with statewide jurisdiction. The history of the Rangers can be traced to the early days of Anglo settlement in Texas.
- Argument for Legalization of Gambling in Texas
There are significant arguments that gambling is not a safe activity to engage in especially due to its addicting effects.
- Coastal Erosion in Texas: Effects and Solutions
This paper discusses an efficient solution to the current concern about the destruction of the Texas coastline and the effects on the local habitats and infrastructure.
- The Texas Cancer Registry as an Organization
The Texas Cancer Registry has gone a long way in its formation, and in 2004 for the first time, meeting the high standards of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Texas Revolution of 1835-36 Causes and Texas Secession of 1861
Texans had effectively rebelled against their states two times in a row, with merely a quarter of a century separating the Texas Revolution of 1835-36 and Texan secession of 1861.
- The Mexican American Experience in Texas
A group of American settlers living in Mexico Texas declared independence calling their new country the Republic of Texas.
- Judiciary Branch in Texas Government
It is true that the three branches of Texas state government are all political. They depend on each other and none can be viewed to be above the other.
- Analysis of Texas COVID-19 Response
Texas’s governor has issued several Executive Orders to fight COVID-19, including a requirement to wear masks in public, a reopening order, and a gathering of more than ten people.
- Taxes in State of Texas and State of New York
The U.S. states have the freedom to determine their tax systems and levy down taxes on their citizens in their own way.
- The Texas Medicaid Program Eligibility
Several factors may affect people's access to health, and thus federal governments have come up with Medicaid programs to minimize these inequalities.
- The Texas Border, Security, and Immigration
Immigration from Mexico is not thought to represent a violation of U.S. security, but the issue of the Texas border remains relevant and intriguing.
- The Texas Ranger Division's Cultural Meaning
This paper examines the history of the formation of the Texas Ranger division, its current responsibilities, structure, cultural meaning, and other aspects of its activity.
- Developing Children’s Physical Activity in Texas
The state of Texas is actively working on developing children's physical activity, and this happens by increasing the number of physical education classes.
- Discovering Texas History: What Influenced Texas and Native Texans?
The native Texans mostly influenced both the Americans and the Europeans who came to spread Christianity and to seek for land.
- Pursuit and Glory Experiences in the Mid-19th Century Texas Southwest
The history of the mid-19th century southwestern Texas was inseparably associated with the pursuit of independence and glory.
- Child Sex Trafficking in Texas
Child sex trafficking in Texas is an issue that requires high attention and investigation. Human trafficking is considered a public health emergency.
- Texas History from 1870 to 1960
This paper discusses history of Texas: drastic reform, racism and importance of the oil industry in the early 20th-century, Jim Hogg's and Fergusons' governance.
- Morbidity and Mortality by Race in Maryland and Texas
The non-Hispanic whites have the highest percentage of persons with the insurance cover over all the other races.
- The Role of Deregulation and Texas Electricity Rates
Taking into consideration that Texas “is rapidly approaching the limits of its ability to produce electricity for is 22.9 million residents”.
- The Houston Gay Community in Texas Analysis
The paper analyzes the Houston gay community in Texas, USA as a special group requiring health programs for HIV prevention.
- Political Interference in Texas’ Judicial System
U.S. citizens residing in Texas will not enjoy their full legal benefits if partisan election of judges does not change to merit selection.
- Ethical Treatment of Employees at BP’s Texas City Refinery
This case study is about BP’s Texas City refinery where there was an explosion in 2005, March. It was a result of BP’s poor training on safety to its staff
- Tourism Resources Assessment in Castroville, Texas
To enhance tourism in Castroville, there are various actions that need to be taken by both the community and the leaders in the area.
- Urinary Tract Infections Control in Woman’s Hospital of Texas
In the Woman’s Hospital of Texas, improving the infection control knowledge among patients and healthcare professionals can lead to better health outcomes.
- Texas and Florida Governments Comparison
Using Texas and Florida as examples, differences in the length of terms, the structures of governments, etc., may be discussed, which can help adjust the general legal principles.
- Redistricting in the State of Texas
To make the best use of redistricting, the State of Texas should reach public representation in the government and go beyond the mere Democrat-Republican dichotomy.
- The Key Moments of the Texan History and Their Impact on Today’s Texas
Texas history is complex, rife with twists and turns that shaped the state's identity. The essay defines the critical moments of Texan history and how they impacted today's Texas.
- The State of Texas Academic Readiness
The state of Texas has had a statewide program for academic assessment since 1979. This paper analyzes the issues facing the program.
- Nursing Practice Standards in Texas
The Texas Board of Nursing regulates the nursing practice in Texas by developing practice standards to guide nurses in delivering quality care and maintaining professionalism.