💡 Research Paper Examples on Virtue
- Virtue Ethics in Business: The Key Aspects
Virtue ethics in business encourage individuals to step back from certain activities and decisions and ask personal and profound questions.
- Generosity as a Learned Virtue
Generosity is dependent on the magnificence that ensures that the community as a whole benefits from the virtue.
- Virtue and Human Good by Aristotle and Socrates
Compared to the Socratic method of knowing the answers to all questions supported by Plato, Aristotle’s position to support moderation introduces more logic.
- Adam Smith’s Economic Theory: The Role of Virtue
The scope of work created by Adam Smith has provided a significant theoretical basis for the discussion of important economic, philosophical, and ethical issues.
- Aristotle and Virtue Ethics
This essay sample explores Aristotle virtue ethics theory. 💡 Here, you’ll find the application of the theory, and other aspects. Learn more with our virtue ethics essay sample!
- Virtue Ethics as an Army Officer's Moral Code
The paper discusses and compares utilitarianism, deontological ethics, virtue ethics in application to the moral decisions of army officers and soldiers.
- Aristotle’s Teleological Understanding of Ethics as Virtue in Modern Society
The described reasoning concerning Aristotle’s teleological understanding of ethics can be seen as a sensible platform for decision-making in the modern context.
- Philosophy Terms: Justice, Happiness, Power and Virtue
The paper reviews Plato's, Socrates', Stoics' and Epicureans' arguments and philosophical approaches to justice, happiness, power and virtue, and the idea of mimesis.
- Machiavelli’s and Christine de Pizan’s Views on Virtue
In studying both Pizen’s and Machiavelli’s opinions through their writings, it is important to note the differences and the similarities of their understanding of virtue.
- Virtue Ethics: One Way to Resolve an Ethical Dilemma
In the paper, a particular case study will be analyzed using the Virtue Ethics theory first developed by Aristotle and later brought to the mainstream by Alasdair Macintyre.
- Virtue Ethics in Stanford and Milgram’s Experiments
This paper investigates the notion of virtue ethics, discussing two major studies, the Stanford prison experiment, and Milgram’s obedience studies.
- Philosophy: Is Patriotism a Virtue?
Patriotism is a virtue to the point that is not the extreme and the people of the country never gain at the cost of resources, which are useful to other countries.
- Virtue Ethics: Surgeon's Ministry in Practice
The pressure a patient faces when he or she is suggested to pray before a surgical procedure varies, depending on an individual's beliefs.
- Class and Virtue: Differences Between Low and Upper Class
Human virtues and morals are closely connected with education of people. Low-class people lack virtues and morals typical for the upper classes.
- Act-Utilitarianism vs. Virtue Ethics
The paper states that combining virtue ethics and act-utility would promote rational decision-making when individuals are faced with moral dilemmas.
- Moral Virtue of Learning Foreign Languages
A skill that most utilizes the concept of reason is learning and speaking a second language. Language has a tremendous influence on a person's inner development.
- The Concept of Aristotle’s Virtue Ethics
The principal idea of Aristotle's virtue ethics is that a person makes decisions based on reasoning, not emotions.
- Healthcare Virtue and Values
The study attempts to differentiate healthcare virtues from healthcare values. Virtue refers to a person’s ‘positive quality’ and value refers to the individual’s behavior.
- Aristotle’s Concept of Virtue Ethics
Aristotle attached particular importance to the moral ethics of the individual's personality traits, rather than social duties and rules.
- Discussion of the Virtue Ethics
Dr. Christina Sommers draws attention to the problem of moral illiteracy of the generation, which comes from modern methods of teaching ethics.
- Aristotle’s Virtue Ethics in Human Life
Virtue, according to Aristotle, is an essential part of human life. The meaning of life is to do good deeds, strengthen justice and make the world a better place.
- Natural Law Theory and Virtue Ethics Theory
The analysis centers upon the case of professor Jones, who, being short of money set up a website allows students to get works done by professors of the university for payment.
- Virtue Ethics for Dilemmas in Nursing
When a terminally ill person asks about the diagnosis, a nurse is faced with a choice: to disclose the truth or to protect the patient by lying or not answering directly.
- Social Trust to Politicians and Virtue Ethics
Members of Vice President Cheney’s staff ordered editing out six pages of the testimony on the health concerns of global warming to conceal the information.
- Socrates and Augustine on Choice and Virtue
Philosophers’ views on such topics as virtue and choice are usually based on their overall attitudes towards ethics and sources of their beliefs: either religious or non-religious.
👍 Good Virtue Essay Samples for College
- Virtue Ethics: Kantianism and Utilitarianism
Kantianism and utilitarianism are the major rule-based or normative ethical theories although their provisions involve contradictions.
- Montesquieu Practice of Virtue in Ancient Republic
This paper looks into Montesquieu’s treatment of virtue as it is practiced in an ancient republic. The paper indicates clearly what Montesquieu understands virtue to be and how it is cultivated.
- Plato’s “Meno”: On the Nature of Virtue
Plato outlines the main elements of his theory of human excellence, which explains the role of teaching in developing virtue.
- The Rule of the Golden Mean and the Virtue Ethics
Cogitating about ethics, Aristotle offered the idea of the golden mean, stating that to be morally good is to be able to preserve the balance between two vices.
- Aristotle’s Ideas on Civic Relationships: Happiness, the Virtues, Deliberation, Justice, and Friendship
Aristotle is one of the most influential legendary philosophers that ever lived in the world’s history. His ideas touched on almost all aspects of life.
- Act Utilitarianism and Virtue Ethics
Act utilitarianism is a theory in ethics defined by a person's deed being right morally. Virtue ethics is achieved through practice.
- Ethical Virtues and Vices
Ideals are moral standards that people pursue, and they are very important because they set benchmarks of ethics. Moral ideals define the ethical standards and character of people.
- Plato’s “Euthyphro”: The Meaning of Piety as a Virtue
Plato’s “Euthyphro” is a written dialogue between Socrates and Euthyphro that discusses the meaning of piety as a virtue.
- Virtue Ethics: Altering Testimony on Global Warming
The paper discusses an important issue of censorship in regards to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention testimony on global warming.
- Golden Rule and Virtue Ethics
Sometimes a person may do everything possible to make the right choices, never hurt people, and stay ethical, but certain circumstances decide for him or her.
- Comparing Marchiavelli’s View of Virtue to Christine de Pizan’s
The researcher seeks to determine if Machiavelli means ‘virtue’ the same way as Christine or if he is radically opposed to her views.
- Mattel Inc.'s Ethical Framework and Virtues
The paper applies the virtues of honesty, fairness and perseverance to the case study of the Mattel company that presents a lack of virtue ethics in the organization.
- Virtue, Utilitarianism, and Deontology
A set of guiding principles – morality – focuses on the core of what allows people to live in unified communities. Morality sets what society considers acceptable and right.
- World’s Famine and Virtue
Wellman notices that this moral duty is just as relevant as that of saving an infant falling into the pool right in front of one.
- Virtue Ethics, Ethical Egoism, and Rawlsian Theory to the Criminal Justice System
Virtue ethics involves happiness that is associated with the quality of life of an individual. In this context, the emphasis is on virtues and vices.
- Organizational Virtue and Its Impact on Employees’ Satisfaction in the UAE
The study investigates the critical aspects of organizational virtue and their impact on employee satisfaction in UAE enterprises.
- Noble Cause Corruption and Virtue Ethics
The excessive use of force, racial profiling, and speeding outside of emergency situations can be extremely dangerous for the law-abiding citizens of the United States.
- Virtue Theory, Utilitarianism and Deontological Ethics
Virtue theory, utilitarianism and deontological theory have both similarities and differences. The foundation of utilitarianism theory is in the principle of utility.
- Moral Reasoning – Virtue Ethics
Virtue ethics is important, and it plays a major role in the comprehension of morality and places emphasis on the central role carried on by motives within various moral inquiries.
- Difference Between Social Contract, Utilitarianism, Virtue and Deontology
This essay gives a description of the differences in how ethical contractarianism, utilitarianism, virtue, and deontological ethics theories address ethics and morality.
- Aristotle’s Virtue Theory on Euthanasia
This paper will explore Aristotle’s virtue theory and use its concepts to discuss euthanasia, a controversial contemporary issue.
- Virtue Ethics and Adultery by Raja Halwani
In Virtue Ethics and Adultery, Halwani examines the concept of adultery from the standpoint of virtue ethics rather than the Kantian model traditionally used for the topic.
- Virtue and Family Responsibility in The Ramayana
The epic The Ramayana is one of the major works in world literature. Numerous themes are discussed in The Ramayana, and two central ones are virtue and family responsibility.
- Aristotle’s – The Ethics of Virtue
Aristotle is showing a commitment to saying that anger should not be allowed to achieve the point of overriding reason.
- Mattel Inc.'s Business Ethics and Virtue Ethics
Virtue ethics are central to the success of any organization. This paper applies three virtue ethics (justice, fairness, and honesty) to the case of Mattel Inc.
🎓 Simple Research Papers about Virtue
- Aristotle and His Vision of the Virtues of Man
This work provides a brief description of Aristotle's ideas about the virtues of character, virtues, and moral behavior of a person.
- Virtue: Term Definition by Socrates
Socratic virtue is equated with justice and moral excellence. It is the doing of good and the refraining from evil. It is the desire to do what is right and doing ones best not to cause harm to others.
- Virtues, Utilitarianism, and Deontological Ethics
In the paper, different outlooks on ethics and morality will be examined on the basis of virtue theory, utilitarianism, and deontological ethics.
- Virtue Ethics in Institutional Review Boards
This article outlines that virtue ethics will be useful to the Institutional Review Boards as it will help them in adjudicating and interpreting research claims.
- Ethical Perceptions: Virtues and Character, the Obligation, Outcomes, and Equity
The Ethics Awareness Inventory assessed has categories that apply to character traits and virtue, obligations, standards of ethics, personal morals, and society.
- The Virtue of Courage in Theories and Experience
The word virtue is usually misunderstood as an easy concept in religion and morality. It is a forgotten word in the age of computers and the internet.
- Ethics: Egoism, Utilitarianism, Care and Virtue
The paper describes and compares different theories of ethics: egoism, utilitarianism, care ethics, and virtue ethics, explaining the key concepts of each theory.
- Happiness: Hedonism and the Theories of Virtue
This paper focuses on what happiness is and what it is to be happy using the ideas and views from hedonism and the theories of virtue by Aristotle and Plato.
- Sovereignty, Virtue, and Vice in the History of Political Theory
The development of sovereignty as a concept gave rise to two significant traditions – absolute and popular sovereignty.
- Virtues and Values in Health Care
An appropriate case for this part entailed the nurse requesting one of the hospital’s workers to assist in performing abortion related activities.
- Nietzsche’s Ideas: God and True Virtue
Nietzsche’s ideas about morality, purpose and meaning, God, and true virtue are expressed in his book in the context of an open criticism of blind faith in the power of religion.
- Thompson's ‘A Defense of Abortion’ and Hursthouse's ‘Virtue Theory and Abortion’
This paper is a reading summary of two articles on the ethics of abortion, such as 'A defense of abortion' and 'Virtue theory and abortion'.
- Treyarch and Pepsi’s Collaboration from the Virtue Ethics Perspective
Treyarch is considered ethically unblemished, the reputation of PepsiCo has been tarnished significantly due to the negative effects that its products have on consumers’ health.
- Abortion and Virtue Ethics
This paper will examine the underlying issues regarding abortion and then, use virtue ethics to determine the best course of action.
- Aristotle's Main Focuses in Virtues and Ethics
Aristotle’s main focus in moral philosophy was the human character, and what it takes for an individual to become a good person.